Robert practices exclusively in the area of civil litigation with a particular focus on matters involving insurance and commercial disputes. He has extensive experience in representing clients both in the Courts and through various forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Robert has acted on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in matters involving fire insurance, general liability insurance, motor vehicle liability claims, life and disability insurance, product liability, wrongful dismissal, professional liability claims, shareholder's disputes, and diverse types of contractual disputes. He has appeared as counsel before both the Alberta Court of Appeal and the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench, as well as various administrative tribunals and disciplinary boards.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Guest Lecturer, University of Alberta, Faculty of Law
- Instructor, Alberta Bar Admission Course
- Lectures and seminars, Legal Education Society of Alberta and Alberta Association of Insurance Adjusters
Admitted to Bar
- Alberta, 1988
1987 LL.B. (University of Alberta)
1982-84 B.Comm. Program (University of Alberta)