Richard has significant experience in civil litigation, with a practice focused on commercial disputes, insurance defence work, professional negligence matters, administrative law, construction law, and employment law.
Richard is involved in many community and professional activities, including acting as President of the Canadian Mental Health Association (Alberta Division) and as Vice-Chair of the City of Edmonton's Safer Cities Initiatives Advisory Committee. Additionally, Richard has taught at the Bar Admission Course and at various continuing legal education seminars and presentations.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Associate Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- President, Canadian Mental Health Association (Alberta Division)
- Vice-Chair, City of Edmonton’s Safe Cities Initiatives Advisory Committee
- Lectures and Seminars, Legal Education Society of Alberta
- Instructor, Bar Admission Course
Admitted to Bar
- Alberta, 1970
1969 LL.B. (University of Saskatchewan)
1968 B.A. (University of Saskatchewan)