Emery Jamieson LLP has considerable experience in all areas of immigration. Our familiarity with the legislation and international trade agreements allows us to provide a variety of options to our clients to achieve their immigration goals.
Our business immigration experience includes providing immigration advice to the following industry sectors:
We have experience in assisting our employer clients in the entry of temporary foreign workers, intra-company transferees, and permanent residency applications for key personnel.
Our family immigration services includes assisting with the reunification of spouses and children through permanent resident applications as well as assisting families who wish to have relatives visit, study or work in Canada.
Areas of Practice
- Admissibility Hearings
- Appearances before the Immigration Division and Immigration Appeal Division
- Applications for Permanent Resident status
- Attending the Port of Entry to facilitate the arrival of key personnel
- Business Immigration
- Canada Experience Class
- Criminal Inadmissibility
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Labour Market Opinions
- NAFTA and GATT Work Permit Provisions
- Provincial Nominee and Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
- Same Sex Spousal applications
- Sponsorship of Spouses, Parents and Grandparents
- Study Permits
- Temporary Resident Permits
- Temporary Work Permits
- Visitor Visas